As in previous years, Black Friday began early in 2020—no one’s waiting until the day after Thanksgiving to kick off sales. Amazon got the ball rolling in October this year, and other retailers like Walmart will offer staggered waves of deals throughout November.
We’ve started listing the best deals below—keep an eye peeled for further updates as the days tick by.
Best early Black Friday tech deals
While shopping this year, here are several things to keep in mind:
• Deals can expire before their slated end time if quantities run out, so don’t wait too long if something appeals to you. If no time is given, assume a 24- to 48-hour window at maximum.
• To qualify for Amazon’s Prime deals (and earlier access to some of the retailer’s limited-time Lightning deals), you can sign up for a 30-day Prime membership if you haven’t already done so in the past.
• Newegg has a new policy for Black Friday 2020: Select items qualify for an automatic refund if the price drops further between now and the end of the month.
• Using PayPal for online purchases? Sign up for the company’s free return program, which foots the bill for return shipping on up to 12 purchases.
• Holiday return windows have just expanded (many run into early January), so you can buy now and repent at leisure, assuming you can float the cash.